I like ‘real’ hot chocolate – the melted chocolate in milk type – but then I had the hot chocolate at SAID and wanted to find a way to recreate it at home. I think this recipe is pretty close. Recipe serves one or two, if using espresso cups.
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 heaped tsp Cadbury’s Drinking Chocolate
- 60ml milk
- 36g chocolate – milk or plain, depending on your preference
- 30ml single cream
- Put cocoa powder, cornflour and drinking chocolate into a cup or small jug. Add about a tablespoon full of milk and stir to make a paste.
- Add the rest of the milk, bit by bit, stirring each time.
- Microwave for about 45 seconds until thickened (I stop it just as it starts to boil up).
- Add half of the chocolate and the single cream. Stir/melt in.
- Microwave for a further 15 seconds, just to warm it through.
- The best bit: put the remaining chocolate into the drink. Once melted, I recommend stirring it in with just one or two rotations of the spoon!